Act-Belong-Commit YOH Fest Ambassador Competition
Are youth mental health issues on your mind?
Are YOU someone who’s starting to think that you want to make a difference?
If you are, then you are not alone.
How would you like to become someone who CAN help empower young people in your community? If so, then read on.
Act-Belong-Commit YOH Fest is a health promotion festival, that uses the Performing Arts to promote positive health messages that can help empower young people. The festival has been making a difference for over 21 years, having reached thousands over that time. Through the festival, we continue searching for new and innovative ways to engage young people in their communities.
That’s why we are now on the hunt for an Act-Belong-Commit YOH Fest Ambassador - to help us do it. Could that be YOU?
The Act-Belong-Commit YOH Fest Ambassador Program is being piloted in 2019 with the objective to empower youth as influencers in their own communities and increase community engagement to break down barriers.
This program will provide the opportunity for young people aged 14-25 to become recognised leaders in their community, promoting positive mental health through the Act-Belong-Commit health message, then you owe it to yourself and your community to apply for this wonderful opportunity.
For this role, we are looking for someone special – a caring, engaged and motivated young person, who has the Act-Belong-Commit ethos in their DNA; and we are on the hunt for 1 x Ambassador from each region: Albany, Bunbury, Perth, Mandurah, Kalgoorlie, Geraldton, Karratha & Broome.
What is expected:
- Represent Act-Belong-Commit YOH Fest as our Ambassador in your hometown.
- Have an understanding on the Act-Belong-Commit message (we can help you with this) and be willing to raise awareness of the campaign encouraging positive mental health.
- Be a positive role model to promote healthy lifestyles amongst your peers
- Be our ‘reporter’ sharing authentic stories on how young people in your community are staying mentally healthy by leading healthy and active lifestyles and record the impact YOH Fest has on participants.
- Social media take-over during our heats in your region.
What you get:
- Confidence and leadership skills
- Public Speaking & Volunteering Opportunities
- Build connections within your community
- Free tickets to live YOH Fest heats in your region
- $50 Gift Card
- YOH Fest ambassador t-shirt
- The opportunity to participate in Mentally Healthy WA youth connectors program and be trained as a ‘connector’ with mentoring with the Mentally Healthy WA youth connector coordinator.
How to enter:
Self-nominate your suitability as The Act-Belong-Commit YOH Fest Ambassador by submitting a short video (from your phone will do) of your personal journey and experience, either as a result of YOH Fest or how you have overcome adversity to make positive changes and lead a healthier life.
Applications close: Friday 9th August 2019